Welcome to the PTSA Website!
Thank you for your interest in the TC Titans, and the activities of our Parent-Teacher-Student Association. The 2016-17 school year promises challenges and successes that require the active support of our PTSA. Our job is to support our teachers and administrators in their effort to make sure that Every Student Succeeds – a commitment that ACPS has made to its growing student population, from pre-kindergarten through the graduating class. This commitment is especially important for our high school students, who must be prepared for life, work, and the rigors of higher learning when they leave TC Williams. The PTSA works to reinforce this commitment on TC’s campuses, in the Alexandria community, and in the meeting rooms of the School Board and City Council.
In the Classroom
- We provide cash grants to enhance the classroom experience through teacher-designed programs that add strength to the curriculum
- We host events designed to boost morale and performance among the teachers and administrators in grades 9-12
- We promote tutoring, student mentoring, scholarship counseling, and safe social experiences for students looking for guidance.
In the Community
- We communicate actively with TC families, their neighbors, local businesses, and youth groups via Twitter, Facebook, this website, and local media
- We provide liaison for TC and ACPS with segments of Alexandria’s diverse community on a wide range of social and educational issues
- We work with neighborhood groups and local agencies to ensure the safety and security of children – the next generation of Alexandria’s citizens.
In the Boardroom
- We advocate for TC students through the participation of Student Liaisons to the Alexandria City School Board
- We advocate for adequate funding for public education through testimony and regular contact with the Alexandria City Council
- We promote long-range planning to ensure adequate facilities, funding, curriculum support, and staffing for the future needs of TC Williams High School
To do all this, we need your support – as a member, as a volunteer, as an active donor – to ensure the continued improvement of our students’ academic performance, as well as their present health and safety and their future success. The link below tells how to be a contributor to the efforts of the PTSA, and the success of our children. Thank you… and Go Titans!
PTSA President - 2017-2018
TC PTSA Meetings
All meetings begin at 7 p.m. in the Media Center of the school indicated unless otherwise noted, typically on the 3rd or 4th Monday of the month.
|September 18 - TCW (Rotunda Room)||February 26 - TCW|
|October 23 - TCW||March 19 - MH|
|November 27 - MH||April 23 - TCW|
|January 22 - TCW||May 21 - TCW|
TC PTSA Board - 2017-2018
- President: Beth Simmons
- President-Elect: Kay Arndorfer
- Vice President: Sheeba Ahmed
- Secretary: Michelle Gleeson
- Treasurer: Beth Resetco
- Principal: Peter Balas
- Assistant to Principal: Patty Moran, email@example.com
- Membership: Marjorie Pratts
- All Night Grad Party: Kim Huguley and Jennifer Roda
- Fundraising: Rosie Wiedemer
- Reflections: Luisa Tio
- Hospitality: Stephanie Larsen, Kathy Stenzel and Laura Miles
- Town Crier: Janese Bechtol, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: Virginia Million
- Teacher Grant Program: Amy Dale
- PTAC Representative: Janese Bechtol
Web Site: Laurie Winakur, email@example.com